Impress your family and friends by making a delicious stuffed bread.
- 1 tablet of yeast for bread (15g)
- 1 cup warm milk (240ml)
- 3 cups flour (360g)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling
- 125 grams of cooked ham, grated coarse
- 125 grams of grated cheddar
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
How to prepare
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour and make a depression in the center. Add the dissolved yeast, oil, butter and egg. With a fork, make a circular motion until all liquid is incorporated.
- Transfer to a flat surface dusted with flour and knead until the dough stops ticking to hands. If necessary, add more flour.
- Form a ball, cover and let rise for one hour at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 º C (hot). Grease a large baking sheet. On a surface dusted with flour, the dough with a rolling pin until you get a 30 cm x 40cm rectangle. Cutting to length a piece of 5 cm wide. Divide-by in the same sense five strips 1 cm wide. Reserve.
- Spread the filling over the rectangle of dough and wrap the long side. Garnish with the reserved strips, brush with egg yolk and transfer to prepared pan.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180 ° C (middle) and bake the roulade until golden brown (about 50 minutes). Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Yield is 12 portions.
Requires preparation in advance.
You can use another filling of your choice.
By - See more recipes with: Average difficulty